How BMX Racing Works In The North Region:
- If a class has 3 or less riders they will be merged with another race class but split back out for series points.
- If a class has 8 or less riders they race Grand Prix. Thats four motos, the place for each moto added together and the riders ranked lowest first.
- Where there are 9 riders in a group there is always a run-off between the bottom 3 after the third moto, with the rider losing the run-off getting 9th place points.
- If a class has 10-16 riders, riders are ranked by place in 3 motos and the lowest 8 in the A final, the rest into the B final. Rank is then by final position.
- If a class has 17-32 riders, riders are ranked by place in three motos, the top 16 race semi finals, the rest placed by rank into C and D finals. Of the top 16, first 4 in each semi go into the A final, last 4 in each semi into the B final. Riders are then ranked by finish position.
- Once the final ranking for each class at each event is known, points are awarded - 50 for 1st, 47 for 2nd, 45 for 3rd etc. There are 32 scoring positions, if any class has more than 32 riders those that do not make the D final recieve no points.
- Note, if there is only one rider in a final, it will not be raced, but points are still awarded.
Regional Race Costs: